The Radue Optometrist group was born out of a long history of optometric services to the community of the Eastern Cape.
040 635 2215
5 Masonic Shopping Centre
Tel: 047 491 0371
Shop No.4 Cambridge Square
Tel: 043 726 3937
35 Ayliff Street
King Williams Town
C/O Spar Complex
084 873 0109
9 Gluckman Road
Tel: 046 624 4558
43 Hill Street
043 683 2275
47 Western Avenue
Tel: 043 726 8042
The original practice was located in King Williams Town and was founded in the 1950’s by Mr Don Parker a practicing optician. In 1976 Dr Chris Faul joined the business and began to grow and expand the footprint of the business, by establishing branches in Stutterheim and Alice in the late 1970’s.
Mr Parker retired and in 1985 Mr Dean Radue joined Dr Chris Faul in the King Williams Town branch.
The duo grew the branches by providing more regular and professional service to all branches.
In 1990 Dr Faul left and Mr Radue assumed the role of sole business owner. New and updated equipment was added to improve the service to our patients.
New branches were established in Port Alfred and Peddie in 2004. A new branch was added in 2011 located in Cambridge, East London.
In 2012 Radue Optometrists expanded by way of acquisition of V and T Optometrists with branches in Vincent, East London and Butterworth.
V and T Optometrists had evolved out of Veen Optometrists, an optometric business established by Mr David Veen in the 1970’s and later purchased by Mr Mike Thomlinson in the 1980’s when Mr Veen emigrated to the United Kingdom, thus formed V and T Optometrists.
In the early 1990’s Mr Thomlinson established the Butterworth branch of V and T Optometrists.
Subsequently V and T Optometrists was absorbed to form part of the Radue Optometrist group with a footprint from Port Alfred into the former Transkei.